Using A Buyer’s Agent When Searching For A Property
What is a home buyer’s agent and why use one?
A buyer’s agent is a licensed professional realtor who works on behalf of a home buyer. A buyer’s agent will help you locate homes for sale, negotiate the purchase price and guide you through the escrow process. There are numerous articles on the web explaining why it’s a smart idea to use a buyer’s agent to assist you in finding your next home. Here are a few of the reasons.
- I will help you search for the right home by taking down all of your requirements. With these, I will search for any existing homes for sale, plus I’ll set up MLS searches that will alert you when new homes meeting your criteria come on the market.
- Once we have found a few homes, I will arrange home showings for you so that we can walk through the homes and see if they are a good fit.
- I will research historical price data for homes you are interested in, thereby helping you decide on what price to offer. Comparables (or “comps”) are an important tool to help you make the right decision.
- I will work exclusively on your behalf to negotiate the best purchase price possible.
- I will also help you through all of the twists and turns of escrow, including home inspection, negotiating repair credits, reviewing disclosures, working with your lender, meeting time tables, protecting your deposit, etc.
- Finally, there is no cost to you!. The commission is paid by the home seller.